Friday, March 22, 2013

Bob's Submarine Sandwiches

Wow. Bob's Submarine Sandwiches is the perfect place for a carnivore! Unlike most healthy sandwiches joint, Bob's Submarine is a meat eater's heaven. For example, Subway features a large piece of bread and focuses on the add-on fresh vegetables. The meaty ingredient is often the more expensive component of a sandwich. Bob's Submarine managed to overflow the sandwich with delicious meat for a very reasonable price.

Please note that the sandwiches are huge! I definitely recommend sharing with a friend. I will probably not devour a 12" submarine sandwich all to myself, despite how delicious it is. My stomach will not be happy with the overwhelming amount of meat they include. We purchased two submarines, 6" and 12". We were only able to finish the 12" and we both felt stuffed and satisfied. It does get quite messy after a couple of bites. I am glad we got take out and I can happily enjoy this at home with my fork and knife.

Pepperoni and Salami 6" Submarine ($4.90)
Vegetable toppings include: lettuce, tomato, mushroom, caramelized onion, and cheese. As you notice from the photo, the quantity of meat they used is monstrous. The pepperoni and salami is very tasty, although it may get a little salty when too much is devoured. It is tender and moist - cooked just right. Very satisfied. Recommended by Hippo!

Super Sub 12" Submarine: salami, pepperoni, capicolla, steak ($11.80)
Another one of their hot submarine sandwiches, topped with the same vegetables as the previous one. This one has all their variety of meat. We actually found the steak slices too dry and lacking flavour. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed it, as it complemented the salty salami and pepperoni. My sandwich actually began to fall apart after my first few bites. Prepare to get your hands greasy and eat like an animal! There is no getting out of it, no matter how neat you are. 

Each 6" sub is approximately $4-$6. Each 12" sub is approximately $8-12. Very cheap for the quality and quantity you are receiving. Plus, it flows quite well with my attempt on a low carb diet (which can be difficult, I love bread and rice too much!). Forget Subway; I am going to always head to Bob's Submarine Sandwiches for delicious, fresh, and cheap sandwiches!

Location: On Cook Road and No. 3 Road. In the plaza across from Richmond Center. A couple minutes away from the Brighouse Canada Line Station. There is parking in front of the restaurant.

Food: Very good for the price paid. Quality and quantity both achieved. Note: eating may be very messy!
Service: N/A. We ordered take out. Meko noticed they were all Korean, not sure if that matters.
Price: We spent a total of $16 including tax for two people.
Recommended? I really enjoyed this cheap eat place! I will be trying their breakfast sandwiches on my next visit.

- Hippo


Bob's Submarine Sandwiches
6390 No. 3 Road
Richmond, B.C.
Phone: 604-273-6710

Bob's Submarine Sandwiches on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment