Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lombardo's Ristorante and Pizzeria

Today is my day off, so I spent it by sleeping in, relaxing, blogging, and grabbing lunch with a friend. He suggested Lombardo's Ristorante and Pizzeria. I have been meaning to come to this restaurant for a long time now, ever since my auntie mentioned to me almost 5 years ago. I was excited to finally try it!

For those who have been to Lombardo's previously, you will notice that they have actually gone through some renovations. I have passed by this restaurant before and from my memory, I much prefer the old design. It had much more character and felt more family oriented. The new design is quite nice, but appears as any other fine/casual dining restaurant. Anyhow, only the atmosphere has changed, it is still the same owners, same menu, and same wood oven.

Tuscan Salad: organic greens, candied pecans, goat cheese, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, extra virgin olive oil, drizzled with Lombardo's own balsamic reduction ($13)
This salad was surprisingly good!! Topped with a couple slices of goat cheese with balsamic reduction = delicious. The candied pecans definitely highlighted the salad. Next time I am on a diet, I am definitely ordering this.

Ai Due Formaggi: two kinds of cheese, salami, ham, and mushrooms ($15)
Everyone knows Lombardo is known for their amazing pizza. And I can confirm that this pizza was really yummy! Great flavours. They feature thin crust pizza and the crust of the pizza had a good chew to it. It's also nice that they didn't over dry the mushrooms like Pizza Hut. But this made the pizza a little moist if not consumed right away.

Newly renovated Lombardo's Pizzeria
Interior of Lombardo's Pizzeria
Overall, I will recommend Lombardo's Ristorante for their pizza. They have a very wide selection of pizza; quite a few for vegetarians. My friend and I shared the salad and a medium pizza. We found it to be the perfect amount for lunch.

Location: Commercial Drive and 1st Avenue. Restaurant is inside the Il Mercato plaza. You can find parking underground. They do have free parking for 45 minutes.

Food: I really enjoyed the pizza!
Service: Superb. Very friendly staff and was always there when we needed them.
Price: The total came to $31 with tax for two people.
Will I come back? I will to try another one of their great pizzas.

- Hippo


Lombardo's Ristorante and Pizzeria
1641 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, B.C.
Phone: 604-251-2240

Lombardo's Ristorante and Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment